Наши проекты: Склей-ка Модель! : NorthStarModels : Studio XIII : Wiki : Сувениры : Walkarounds : Новости
Войти Регистрация
Форум моделистов на ScaleModels.ru
 Наблюдаемые темыНаблюдаемые темы    FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   medals.phpНаграды   ИзбранноеИзбранное   РегистрацияРегистрация 
  Наблюдаемые форумыНаблюдаемые форумы  ПрофильПрофиль    Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

1:48 Monogram - PBY 5A Catalina cutaway

Список форумов Форум моделистов на ScaleModels.ru -> Самолеты до 1950 - США -> Самолеты США до 1950 - Consolidated, Convair, Vultee
новая тема  ответить  для печати Предыдущая тема Следующая тема 
Автор

I have started a new model and I think no other place in this forum is better to start the topic. My new build is the Monogram's PBY Catalina. And as usual I want to make it the way anybody has done before. I really admire Mr. Wolf and his model became an inspiration for my project, but I want to go a step further and make a model of Cataway Wink . This project will surely take more time than is given in this group build but I believe the admins will move my thread somewhere in this forum where I will be able to continue. I estimate the project will take at least 2 years or even more.

I have managed to gather a lot of printed reference material. These publications will surely help me build a real replica. But the most important is I have a contact in National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola, USA. There is a very helpful volunteer who is doing some research for me in their copy of The Illustrated Parts Catalogue, and photographing their display cutaway of Catalina’s fuselage. My colleague Mr. Andrzej Ziober will also help me build this model. He has great experience in “opening” models (at the moment he is building a wonderful cutaway of Mi-6). I hope his advise and experience will boost the results on my model.

Here are the most important materials I have:

Handbook of Structural Repair Manual

Handbook of Erection and Maintenance Instructions

And the rest of it:

And the plan is to remove the fuselage panels marked with blue color. The ones marked red will stay as they are and hence provide support to the fragile fuselage.

The green lines indicate where I will cut the fuselage because I will build the model exactly as Mr. Ziober does - in segments which will be put back together once completed.

Wish me luck Very Happy
^

Ну, как говорится, good luck!
^

в игноре у 4 пользователей
Желаю удачи зарубежному коллеге, но задаюсь вопросом - какая связь между PBY-5A и торпедоносцами?
^

AC писал(а):
какая связь между PBY-5A и торпедоносцами?

Поначалу я тоже немного удивился.А потом вспомнил.....
вот цитата:".....Все модификации PBY были способны нести стандартные авиационные торпеды. Монтировавшийся на бомбодержателях адаптер позволял подвешивать торпеду и обеспечивал проведение всех предпусковых операций (взведение боевой части, запуск двигателя и сброс). Разработанный ВМС прицел для торпедометания (Torpedo Director Sight) устанавливался за ветровым стеклом кабины пилота, позволяя ему вести прицеливание о определять точку сброса.

PBY неоднократно использовали торпеды во время Второй Мировой войны, причем на раннем этапе это обычно были ночные атаки группой самолетов. Хотя торпедоносцам удалось добиться некоторых успехов и потери «Каталин» при этом были минимальными, с появлением новых, более современных машин, от использования PBY в этой роли отказались. После 1943 года случаи использования «Каталинами» торпед можно пересчитать по пальцам."

PS: это перевод из "...in action".Кстати, он же и указан у коллеги в перечне материалов.
^

в игноре у 4 пользователей
Да уж, интересно. Ну тогда все нормально. Просто я не очень знаю этот самолет.
^

в игноре у 1 пользователей
Вот фото узла для крепления торпеды...
^

Hello. Your project seems great. Cutaway models are rare in internet because it is difficult to build them. You have got enough materials and your previous experience with Po-2 model is a good foundation for this project. Wish you success, will follow your work.
^

Я благодарен коллегам за разъяснениями Very Happy Below are some more pictures of torpedo Catalina:

^

в игноре у 5 пользователей
Marudek_PL
Hope to see your finished Catalina model/w torps!
Good luck!
^

в игноре у 2 пользователей
Hello.
As the administrator given GB I will underline.

To show knot of a suspension bracket of a torpedo a little...
It is necessary or to suspend сау a torpedo, or a diopama on the cart under a wing a torpedo (the loading moment).

Good luck to you in this project!
^

These are the pictures that were used to detail the bow turret:

And here is how I made it:

Now it consists of over 70 pieces Very Happy
^

в игноре у 5 пользователей
wonderful!
^

Hi,

I'm glad that my thread has been moved to this part of the forum. I shouldn’t have forced my build into the frames of “Torpedo loss” group build. Anyway I think I owe you an update. The first section is almost complete:

^

Hi,

There are just few bits left to finish the first section. If you have any questions please ask Very Happy
^

No any question...
Wonderful, amazing job!
^

в игноре у 1 пользователей
great work.
^

Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: